Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reliably inconsistent again

We have finally returned home for a while. After the Blue Ridge Parkway trip, we took our sixth trip to Scotland, where we hiked 8 times in 8 days, saw 7 castles, 4 abbeys, several Roman sites and lots of amazing rocks, cliffs and waterfalls. It was inspiring. And, yes, wondrous!

But it was also challenging. My PD symptoms remain reliably inconsistent. I just can't figure them out. Just as when I try to do tai chi, it seems that whenever I challenge myself in terms of balance, that is when my balance is the worst. It is almost as if working on my symptoms turns off my medications. It is very frustrating to have taken my meds in a timely manner, but to still have trouble with my gait as if I had not taken them at all. But that is the nature of the disorder, I guess. I would love to hear from anyone else who has such predictably unpredictable wearing-off. I still have trouble accepting that, even if I exercise and take my meds on time, I will not necessarily be symptom-free. That is the nature of this beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment