Thursday, July 3, 2014

Not exactly exercise

There are a number of activities that are -- well, active -- but that are not exactly exercise. One of those is gardening. I have been doing little installments of weeding at dawn for about a week. Getting out there on my hands and knees, pulling those weeds vigorously, hauling the bucket to the compost heap, getting up and down, up and down -- this is certainly active! But not always fun.

But talk about fun ... I went ziplining a couple of weeks ago! A canopy tour from platform to platform (each of which was 50+ feet in the air), zipping through beautiful trees with fabulous views, up to 200 feet in the air and on lines up to 1100 feet long  (there were 10 lines, 2 rappels, and 2 skybridges. Wow! What an adventure! But I did it, and no one indicated that I was unusually unbalanced. So I even did it "normally."

I did it because I wanted to do it while I still could.

Now I think I will do it again!

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete