Friday, May 29, 2015

Winning

Winning isn't everything. But when you DO win, it can be pretty uplifting. I participated in a six-week exercise competition. There were teams from lots of companies such as Paycor and P & G, as well as the UC Gardner Center and individual-led teams. I joined the team called Parkinsons Power, which my friend and personal trainer established for anyone in the Parkinson's community. In addition to me, there were two other PWPs, 4 personal trainers and a few others. The team with the highest average number of hours (weighted by intensity) of exercise was the winner -- and yes, we won! Amazing! We can do anything if we really put our minds to it.

It was interesting to note how motivating it was knowing that my exercise hours would be chalked up to benefit my team. Lesson learned . . .

2 comments:

  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease Herbal medicine from ultimate herbal home,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband has been suffering from PD for the past 4years,Lately he conditions started hallucinating and i did not know how to handle the situation,he could not sleep at night and tried to find and catch the imaginary people who i thinks are real,he had tremors for several years and was gradually becoming worse before we found PD herbal supplement from ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com that was able to get rid of his disease and alleviate all his symptoms within the short period of his 2 months of usage.

    ReplyDelete