Monday, June 22, 2015

Symptom update

Well, I think it is about time for a general update. I am still having some dyskinesias especially in the evenings or when under stress. I tend to hold my arms to try to steady them and people think I am cold. I am tired of being asked if I am cold. The next time this question is asked, I think I will say, "No, I have Parkinsons disease." I look forward to watching the reaction.

So I tried taking one-half Sinemet every 2 hours Instead of 1 every 4 hours). It helps a lot with the dyskinesias, but it is a pain to have to remember meds every two hours. Hmmmm......what to do?

In the meantime, I have started working out with Brian Terpstra's Parkinsons Rehab program, and my gait is so noticeably improved that three friends have commented that I look better! It really seems to help. Brian's methods are very targeted towards issues with gait and balance. He hopes to retrain one's brain to have another sector take care of function no longer possible in the PD-affected areas. Good old neuroplasticity! 

So I guess I am doing well. But the stress of waiting for the birth of our first grandbabies (twin boys!) is keeping me from reveling too much at my improvement.

1 comment:

  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease Herbal medicine from ultimate herbal home,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete