Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Breaking another silence

Here I am again apologizing for a long period of silence. Yet once again it is because things are fairly stable. I had my check-up with my neurologist yesterday and she found all my symptoms and problems totally stable. She did not see (though I did report) an increase in dyskinesia. I had evaluated myself before the appointment and realized that dyskinesia was my only substantive complaint. Based on my personal research it appears that my choice is between taking a smaller dose of Sinemet more frequently (which reduces dyskinesias substantially) or continuing with the dosing prescribed (which gives me dyskinesias when I am inactive at peak dose). The smaller dose, however, wears off sooner and does not take effect as well. So would I rather be dyskinetic or "off" my meds? I would rather be dyskinetic. This decision puts me at peace with my dyskinetic self. The dyskinesias are not constant and do not harm anyone or anything. So now that I have made that selection, I am more accepting of the results.

P.S. If you don't know what dyskinesias are, look at Michael J. Fox. Those writhing, wobbly movements are a side effect of the medication we all take for Parkinson's.

3 comments:

  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease Herbal medicine from ultimate herbal home,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband has been suffering from PD for the past 4years,Lately he conditions started hallucinating and i did not know how to handle the situation,he could not sleep at night and tried to find and catch the imaginary people who i thinks are real,he had tremors for several years and was gradually becoming worse before we found PD herbal supplement from ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com that was able to get rid of his disease and alleviate all his symptoms within the short period of his 2 months of usage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete