Thursday, January 23, 2014

Perplexed by tai chi

Ok, ok, I HAVE been exercising. I just have not been posting a daily schedule. And I have been going to tai chi on a regular basis. But I no longer instruct the tai chi class because my ability to do the tai chi moves correctly has become unpredictable. I don't really understand why, but doing tai chi seems to bring on my symptoms. I will begin a set feeling fine with meds working well. Then as I move through the set I become increasingly unbalanced and may even have moments of freezing. It is very discouraging, but I must remember the "I can live with this." There is still so much that I can do and for that I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Mary Inkrot-SchroderJanuary 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

    Great job Elizabeth for keeping up your efforts and trying. I have experienced similar situations with balance on exercise days. Start of class I am good, meds are clicking but then I suddenly have balance difficulties. I have realized if I have pushed myself hard running errands before class, and do not take 20 minutes to rest and regroup, I am likely to have a n increased chance of balance challenges. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! I just sat and read your entire blog like a novel. I can visualize you, your strength, your perseverance. It's not only PWPs that can be inspired by your story. And, by the way, although you don't want to wallow, remember it's okay not to feel upbeat ALL the time. That's an unreasonable burden to place on yourself. On another note that you'll appreciate, your comments on neuroplasticity made me think of my dyslexic kids, and the hope that holds for people who struggle with reading. The body -- mind -- is an amazing thing! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete