Saturday, March 15, 2014

New book on Parkinson's exercise

I have received the new book that Becky Farley has just released  on her PWR! Moves program of exercise. It is not really anything I did not already know because I have heard Becky speak numerous times, as well as having attended her exercise retreat twice. And my personal trainer Sarah uses her methods as well. But it is nice to have it explained better, and presented in a whole concept, although her presentation is a little haphazard to me. Still once again, it offers the proverbial kick in the butt. Which I ALWAYS need.

Becky' foundation is a set of four moves -- reaching, rocking, twisting and stepping. These each can be done prone, supine, seated or standing. And they can be boosted, i.e. enhanced, by hand, speech, breathing or brain exercises.  I plan to review all of these possibilities even though I already do lots of these. It doesn't hurt to rework my system regularly. I really believe that if I can keep up this exercise thing, I can keep my PD at bay (dare I add ... Indefinitely?).

This week was the 16 th anniversary of my diagnosis. Wow! Keep moving!

4 comments:

  1. Hi E! Wow--16 years!! You are amazing! I have been spreading the word about what I have learned from you about PD and about the world of what people can and should do for themselves and not think that their doctor is going to take care of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Steph! Keep up the good work! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal medicine from ultimate life clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,reach them through there website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete