Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A great opportunity to reflect

I may be telling you about my visit to the physical therapy class off and on for some time because it had a big impact on me . What a great opportunity to share all the information I have learned and all the experiences that have made up my life with PD.  These were 2nd year students, so when I used terms such as dyskinesia and postural instability, they nodded and smiled! I told them my PD story and they listened politely, then asked some great questions. I was struck by the fact that the information I was giving them was possible or even likely to result in the dedication of a physical therapy career to helping PWPs. Or even several careers! Wow! It  was also interesting to speak to an audience who had almost no emotional reaction to my disabilities. Kind  of refreshing! I did not have to worry about explaining myself or about offending someone. Finally, I am thrilled that the professor who invited me is dedicated to getting more PTs trained in PD ways and serving the Cincinnati community. Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete