Tuesday, November 19, 2013

PD awareness

One of my goals in this blog and in my life is to increase the understanding of Parkinson's disease among those who don't live with the disease. I have read, heard, and experienced so much about PD myself that I sometime lose sight of the fact that not everyone knows what Sinemet is, or that it causes dyskinesias or that DBS is not a new procedure. Since PD is quite isolating and those with more advanced disease often don't get out in public much, it behooves those of us who are higher functioning to work assiduously toward this kind of increased awareness.

Just such an opportunity popped up for me this morning. I got an email from a physical therapy professor whom I met at the Sunflower symposium. She asked If I would come to her class next week and talk about the importance of exercise for PD and let the students try out their evaluation procedure on me. Fortunately my calendar is clear that day. I will be proud to do what I can in the awareness department. Future PTs make a great audience, too. I hope you will do what you can to promote awareness in whatever arena the opportunity arises.

2 comments:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse completed the recommended Parkinson disease treatment plan last week, she is doing a lot better. There has been a total reduction of symptoms, improved coordination, I am really happy we made a good decision by using these herbal remedies,we ordered it from www multivitamincare org

    ReplyDelete