Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Another vacation

My husband John and I will be leaving tomorrow on another vacation, so I won't be posting for several weeks. We are going on a river cruise in Russia -- a country that I visited 35 years ago on a language study program, and have always wanted to return just once. The changes should be amazing, but then all of us change. And we also age. I have said that in some ways, Parkinson's is just accelerated aging. Aging after all involves diminished movements, balance problems, lack of flexibility, and decreased cognitive functioning. Sounds like PD to me.

My goal when at home is to get a total of 1.5 hours of exercise or other vigorous activity daily ... Preferably  in two sessions. When traveling I have less control over this. But I must remember walking through the airport (hurrying gets the heart rate higher!), and walking in a large city ( which can be difficult), not to mention the PWR!Moves routines in the cabin and walks around the deck. I plan to keep up my active life ... if for no other reason than reporting back here (that is the accountability factor). Have a great couple of weeks. We return to Cincinnati on July 19.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elizabeth! I hope you are having a great vacation! Can't wait to hear from you when you get back. Another goal we talked about from PWR Train was updating your exercise playlist...have you done that? I was just downloading music today and got all pumped up :)

    ReplyDelete