Sunday, August 25, 2013

Delayed stress

I finally realized the likely reason for my wearing off and increase in symptoms this week. Two weeks ago was the week that my aunt Susan was dying. And stress for me shows up on about a two-week delay. So there it is. And I feel better already. I need to give myself a little leeway and try to flow with the stress instead of remaining tense and stressed.

When I am experiencing wearing off, I have this funny feeling that if I could just move enough, my meds would kick in. It is odd to try to describe, but that is why I can be found walking up and down the hall in the middle of the day at work. Moving feels good although doing it is difficult. Guess that is why they call it movement disorder.

Pass this blog to a friend. Keep me accountable and motivatd! This morning I did a35-minute power walk and some PWR! Moves. Yesterday I did treadmill and moves I the early morning, exercise class  midday, and a hike in the afternoon. Ad I feel good!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    I have actually read your blog before and much of what you say is so relevant. I have to admit that it took me quite a while to figure out how to comment as I am a non-native and computer use is sometimes very foreign.
    When you wrote of wanting to move but it being difficult rings true for me. I try to walk 3-4 miles a day and when I do not I feel more symptomatic,contracting muscles, etc.
    Good to hear I am not alone.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you also for the input on the pole tips. I actually got a great link to poles from Becky via Sharon.
    http://urbanpoling.com/shop/accessories

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete