Thursday, October 31, 2013

More inspiration

Two things happened today that inspired me, really, really inspired me. This morning I read an article coughed  up by my google alert about a woman who died from complications of PD. She was 79 and had lived with a Parkinson's for 40 years! Wow! She was one tough cookie! That means that she was diagnosed at age 39, the same age at which I was diagnosed. Oh, yea! Now I have a model for living well with PD for a very long time. Because I, too, am a tough cookie.

The other inspiration came at yoga class. You may remember my post several weeks ago in praise of yoga. That post was mentioned in a local PD news blast and that particular entry now has more hits than any other. Two of those readers were convinced enough they came to yoga class today! Thank you, Bob and Bill! I know you won't regret it.

If I were not an optimist, I could see the obit I read as an oh-no I hope that is not me kind of story. But I choose optimism. Yes, optimism is a choice. Look up and maybe while we are looking up, they will discover a cure.

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete