Sunday, June 9, 2013

A rainy Sunday

Yesterday was another hike in addition to my morning hour of exercise. And we got lost twice so it made for a longer hike (2.5 hours). But today was a rainy Sunday and, after accomplishing my morning exercise, I spent the day going down to Charlotte to visit my aunt Susan who is 35 days into stroke recovery.

My exercise today involved what I am calling mixed cardio -- some stationary bike, some stepping up and down, some reaching up and down -- and some housework. Yes, as long as I keep my heart rate up, I can vacuum and call it exercise. This is the important principle of integration; it can be exceedingly helpful and quite motivating to incorporate therapeutic movements into everyday activities. An example is doing a reach-down-and-up or two when I put my shoes on. Sweeping, vacuuming, scrubbing floors -- all are aerobic. Any other suggestions?

And by the way, o faithful followers, would you prefer a post here every day? Every 2 days? 3 days? Speak up now! And thanks for your support. And your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal medicine from ultimate life clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,reach them through there website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete