Monday, June 3, 2013

The first post

Who am I and why am I writing this? I am a 54-year-old woman and I have been living 15 years with a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. That is PD and that makes me a PWP (get used to the lingo). At a recent conference on exercise, I was encouraged to blog about my experience partly as a motivator for me and partly as an inspiration to others. It is in the spirit of inspiration that I offer this glimpse into my life and what it means to try to live well with this disease. I try very hard not to use negative language -- I don't talk about suffering or fighting or losing function. I believe that a positive outlook is one of the most important treatments and I firmly believe that exercise is the very best treatment. In the days, weeks, and months to come, I hope to convince more of you of the same belief and motivate you to do your best to live well with PD.

1 comment: